Monday, November 14, 2011

First Box of Books Arrives!

Hurray! Yeah! The first box of 24 books from the publisher arrived at my doorstep today. When I heard the door bell I knew it was the post office delivery person. Sure enough there it was ... the treasure box.

Seriously, it almost felt like holding a newly born infant. At first I hesitate to reach that far down for the box, concerned that my recovering lower back might pain, but I felt no pain whatsoever. After all, this is my baby. How can it hurt to pick it up?

My friend, Victor Annan, the team leader for Mission Liberia was first to get a copy. He's on his way to Ghana, West Africa, and he wants to be reading Refugee Was My Name during his nearly 20-hour flight. I signed his copy and wrote Psalm 46, which I'll be using as the theme verse for this book; I'm thinking of reading Psalm 46 at each book signing.

Tomorrow I begin mailing signed, free copies to my peer reviewers, along with three signed copies back to the publisher. Then it will be time to stash some cash and send for another box of books. I don't want to run out at any time, and that could be a challenge.

Meanwhile, my first radio interview is scheduled for Wednesday, November 23, on WBFI, in McDaniels, Kentucky. I will be interviewed by Brother Ron Miller, my mentor.

Also, keep me in your prayers as we plan the first book signing celebration to take place at Church For All, my home church. If any of you my friends and supports wish to help organize a simple book signing celebration, kindly let me know.

Now, it's time to time to sell tons of books to help fund some of my side of Mission Liberia, of which the first trip is scheduled for March 1, 2012. Again, thanks for your friendship along with all your prayers. This is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment