Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Missionary Guardian Working on Manuscript

When the publisher received a peer review from my former missionary guardian (Big Daddy), they were so impressed and moved by his comments that they decided to send him the entire manuscript to review. Wow.

So that's where the process is. I have heard from a reliable source that Big Daddy has been doing lots of weeping as he meanders through the pages. Tons of memories, I guess. Funny thing is, the same thing happened to me every time I read through my own manuscript. That's probably one reason why it took nearly 20 years to get the book from my hands and into the hands of a publisher.

Anyway, despite Big Daddy's frequent tears, I have been assured by the publisher that the Fall 2011 release date for the book still stands.

Keep praying with me, and please grab a copy and spread the word when the book comes out this Fall.

1 comment:

  1. I am the sister of "Big Daddy" and I saw his tears. As he was working on the manuscript, he told me things that made me cry, too. We are excited to get copies when they come out!

    ReplyDelete