Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book Signing Scheduled for African American Heritage

This is exciting news! Mrs. Juanita White along with her husband, Dennis White, is organizing a book signing for Refugee Was My Name at the African American Heritage Museum in Louisville, Kentucky. The event has been scheduled for Saturday, February 4, 2012, as part of Black History Month events in the Bluegrass State.

Dennis and Juanita were church mates of mine at Beargrass Baptist Church during my seminary years at Southern Seminary in Louisville. They are mentioned in the book for being the unfortunate friends to pick up the burden of my car payments for eleven months. For details, see Refugee Was My Name.

Last Saturday, December 10, when I was in Louisville, I dropped an enlarged, framed poster of the book cover at African Foodway & Cosmetic, owned by Molubah Kamara. The poster will later be picked up by Dennis White, and will be displayed at the museum, leading to the book signing on February 4th.

Dennis is looking into locating journalist Mark McCormick, who wrote a feature article of me in 1993, in the Louisville Courier Journal, Kentucky's largest newspaper. The article appeared in September 1993 after I returned from Ghana, where I was stranded at the refugee camp, my second round at life as a refugee. A summary of Mr. McCormick's article is included in the book.

Keep this event in your prayers and good will, so that we have a successful book signing celebration in Kentucky's largest city.

Thanks a ton, Juanita & Dennis, for this great favor, and the contribution you are making to my family and to the nation of Liberia, as I use proceeds from the book to help with mission work in Liberia. Blessings to you!

~mogama~

1 comment:

  1. Praising God for his faithfulness in your life! Enjoy this time for His glory - WOW!

    ReplyDelete